Electrical impulse with different intensity and duration of action, which provides a small device on the collar of the animal and is given in action using the remote control.
Almost all modern models of electronic collars for training have a huge selection with different levels of Dog Training Collars and features, have different pulse durations, can also be equipped with a vibration signal or a tone signal in order to attract the attention of a dog.
How to apply Dog Training Collars
Before you start using the Dog Training Collars, you must undergo appropriate training. The dog training collar consists of a special receiver, strap and acts as follows. The trainer using the remote sends a signal to the receiver. Such an impulse may be sound, vibrational or electrostatic. When the dog receives a signal and, accordingly, strange sensations, it focuses on the execution of the owner’s command.
If you use the electric collar incorrectly, you can provoke inappropriate behavior of the pet, which will not benefit him or you. Before using Dog Training Collars for training it is necessary to consult with an experienced dog handler that uses this type of training in practice.
Dog Training Collars Tips
The first criterion for choosing a training collar is the weight and size of the dog. The electric collar can be used when training a dog after she turns 6 months old:
- If the dog weighs from 1.5 to 8 kg, then electric dog training collars for small dogs are suitable for her. A distinctive feature of which is the small size and weight of the receiver (an electronic collar that will be on the dog’s neck).
- For medium dogs from 8 to 50 kg, shock collars larger in size are suitable – some models can be found here. It is important to understand that for medium to large dogs, electronic collars with small receiver sizes may also be suitable. their power may be enough to pacify large dogs. For a detailed overview of the power of electronic collars, see the video.
- Dogs weighing more than 50 kg need powerful electronic collars – see the link for a selection of electric collars for large dogs.
Collar purchase purpose
Once you have decided on the category of dog training collars according to the size of the dog, you need to understand for what purposes the shock collar will be used.
- If you want to use a training electronic collar for walking so that the dog does not run away, then electric collars with a range of up to 300 meters are suitable for you.
- If you are a dog handler and buy an electric collar for training a dog, then it is better to choose a model with a larger radius of action, for example, electric collars up to 1000 meters.
- Electronic collars for hunting have greater strength, discharge power, and range. You can choose an electric collar for a hunting dog in this section.
Remember, your key task is to teach the animal to obey, to instill in it the skills of adequate behavior and reaction, and not to break the character or disturb the mental state.
Proper training with Dog Training Collars it is when a dog feels impulses without receiving pain. You must adjust the strength of the pulses depending on the behavior of the dog. Remember to use praise and goodies in the training process.